Wednesday, September 22, 2010

1. Faith and love to walk on water


Tonight I understood the first step in my journey. I had been wondering where to start.. I am Peter, calling out to Jesus to help me walk on water. I know that the way I am now, I will sink if I step out of the boat. I need faith to believe God can do this and can sustain this. I have fleeting moments of faith. My Christian life can be described as bumpy and erratic, similar to when you first learn to ride a bike. Seven attitudes of lukewarm, but still lukewarm. I need more than the flash of faith that makes me get out of the boat. I need to know that I can continue to fix my eyes on Jesus so I won’t begin to sink after that moment passes. I need to abide in the Vine.

I need to love God the way He loves me. Not with human emotion, not way the world loves, not the way love is depicted on television. How wide, how deep is the love of God, can a man ever know it? Yes, I can perceive it by the Spirit of God. He can show me the difference between my attempt and God’s perfection. If I truly perceived the love of God for me and walked in that knowledge daily, I would never entertain a single sinful thought or desire but remain perfectly in the will of God. 

And therein lie the keys, to have Jesus’ faith, I need to abide in Him, and to love Him, I need Him to reveal His love for me. Stay with Him and let Him love me – this is what I have been desiring all this time and failed to realise I have already been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment